Started out on Vacation 2 weeks ago and had an episode while driving on the interstate. My sister took over driving immediately. I had a more serious episode while traveling back home, I actually veered over into the other lane of traffic before I snapped out of it. And again, my sister took over driving. (We were traveling from Tennessee to Michigan. )I'm wondering if anyone else has this weird feeling/sensation in their head and eye's before they fall asleep???? That's the most important… read more
Yes, I feel it in my eyes and head. Once I had my eyes close and I couldn’t open them. I was at the hospital with a friend whose husband was having surgery. I told her I needed a little nap so she quit talking and I went to sleep. When I’m driving, if I feel that, I pull over and stop. If my husband is with me, he watches me like a hawk. If I blink and it takes longer than he thinks it should, he tells me to wake up. I’ve not driven 100 miles at a time since I was diagnosed with narcolepsy. We used to drive to Ohio, North Carolina, to the UP of Michigan. No more long distances.
Do you mind if I ask you what medicine you take
Your very lucky not falling to sleep. My first time coming home from work. The road was only a 2 lane road. I fell asleep and I was wakened by the cars and trucks blowing there horn’s. I was driving in a persons yard. Thank the good Lord I did not hit anyone. This happened 3 times and then the big one came. I was on route 79 and my wife asked if I was sleepy. I said no I am fine. I drove about 5 miles and fell asleep. We went across the 2 lane road then down into the medium 2times then when came back to the road I started to spen about3times until I came to a stop. My wife said Bill I really hurt my arm. And I looked at her and asked how did you do it. She was awake the entire time hit her elbow on the console. I did not remember a thing. It was 12:30 at night thank God there was no cars on the road. I was on the wrong side of the road going the wrong way.
So take your medicine. I am on 2pill a day.
Be careful. God bless you.
Thank you for your response! I saw my Neurologist a couple of days ago and we could relate, somewhat, that I didn't wear my C-Pap the night before the episodes. But I've had those feelings for a few years now. She increased my afternoon dose of medication. What part of the UP do you visit?